1. Why Join / Maintain Membership?
- To raise funds for conducting Transpac yacht races.
- To be associated with and have contact info for other members of this prestigious and unique sailing organization.
- To cover rising costs in conducting Transpac races (e.g., LB dock rental, Honolulu slip fees, awards ceremony).
2. Membership Qualification
- Regular Membership (reference Bylaws Article V, Section 2) shall be limited to Corinthian yachtsmen possessing the following qualifications: Any Corinthian yachtsman may apply for membership in this Club who has (1) sailed as a Corinthian crew member of a yacht which has successfully completed the course in a race sponsored as a Corinthian event by the Transpacific Yacht Club, between any points on the Pacific Ocean not less than two thousand miles distant from each other, or (2) served as a Corinthian crew member of an escort or communications vessel accompanying such a race, and (3) who either is satisfactory to the Membership Committee and subject to the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Provisional Membership (reference Bylaws Article V, Section 3) shall be automatically granted to each skipper and crew member of each yacht who has successfully completed a race as defined in Article V, Section 2 herein. Each such individual who is not already a Regular, Life or Honorary member of the Transpacific Yacht Club shall fill out the application as described and provided for in Section 2 herein without payment of any fees or dues before embarking on the particular race and thereafter within the first year after completing that race shall become a Regular member, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors, by paying the dues then required of all Regular members, unless he or she should opt not to pay said annual dues and not become a Regular member.
- Membership application/acceptance process:
- Regular Members: Application shall be made in writing to the Secretary and be accompanied by the membership fee and or current dues. The application shall be referred to the Membership Committee for recommendation, after which, election to membership shall follow upon favorable vote of the Board of Directors; provided that the Board of Directors may elect to membership without a report from the Membership Committee upon a two-thirds vote of the Board of Directors.
- Provisional Members: Application shall be made in writing to the Secretary, immediately after completing the race. Such applications do not need to be accompanied by the membership fee and/or current dues of the current membership year. The application shall be referred to the Membership Committee for recommendation, after which, election to membership shall follow upon favorable vote of the Board of Directors; provided that the Board of Directors may elect to membership without a report from the Membership Committee upon a two-thirds vote of the Board of Directors.
3. Application Form (Website and paper)
- Required Fields (New and Renewal Memberships):
- Full name (salutation, first, middle, last, suffix)
- Street address
- Email address
- Phone (specify if work, home or mobile)
- Contact preference (mail, email, phone)
- Additional Required Field (New, Provisional and Rejoining Memberships):
- Race completion(s) – at least one (both: vessel and race year)
- Optional Fields:
- Yacht ownership (name, design, LOA, race/year)
- Additional race completions (vessel/year)
- Volunteer interests
4. Membership Renewal
- Annual membership dues are $50, which is tax deductible (TYPC provides no good or services to members). Renewing members experiencing financial hardship may request in writing Board acceptance of a lesser amount.
- Additional contributions of any amount are welcomed. The TYPC Administrator shall record each member’s dues and contribution amounts, to reconcile with financial records and to provide requisite written acknowledgement of member contributions.
- Membership cards bearing seniority-ranked membership numbers shall be sent to new and renewing members, no later than 3 months after receipt of dues.
- Membership numbers shall be reassigned to each active member at the end of each calendar year.
- Members shall be removed from the roster after 2-yr lapse in membership.
- Deceased members shall be removed from the roster and placed on the Directory Final Aloha List.
- New members, upon Board approval, shall be assigned a seniority rank number based on alphabetical last name/first name order of dues receipt date.
5. Lapsed Membership
- Members failing to renew membership for 2 consecutive years shall be considered “Lapsed” and lose their seniority rank.
- Lapsed members shall be removed from the roster.
- Re-joining lapsed members shall be assigned a new seniority rank number upon reinstatement (seniority shall be established from rejoin date).
- Lapsed members may submit a written request for seniority rank reinstatement with full payment of lapsed membership dues.